Workshops & Exhibitions
My workshop program continues this year with the colour mixing workshop below in February 2017. There will also be a more advanced version of the colour mixing workshop another whole day event in March 2017. If you are interested in taking part in any of the workshops the details are below.
WORKSHOP 1 – Sun 19th February 2017
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
A NOT TO BE MISSED EVENT IF YOU WANT TO GET A GOOD GRASP ON COLOUR MIXING!!!This is a one day workshop in colour mixing from the ground up. Colour mixing explained in very simple terms with hands on practice and a work book to go with it. Are you frustrated with your colour mixing efforts? If so this is a must do session to get your colour under control!
- You will go away with a very clear idea of not only basic colour mixing but also a clear understanding of terms like Hue, Value,Complimentary Colours, and what this all means in regards to any given painting you might do.
- You will also learn what happens when you don’t get it right, as it is my belief that this is just as, if not more important than getting it right. If you don’t know why you’ve ended up with mud then how can you possibly fix it.
- Understanding the science of colour mixing makes your life so much easier when you are painting. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation and saves you dollops of time and money in the long run.
- Experience the joy of getting the colour you want to see on your palette rather than a muddy version of it.
- You learn to gauge which particular colours you need and the relative strength of each one.
- What did others think about this workshop
What people had to say:
“Great place for me to start. Lots of practice to do at home. I will definitely come for more workshops.” Kim C
“Definitely informative – practical info that will definitely be used and referred to in class and future art works. Great to learn basics.” Stephanie M
“Really helpful learning, fun and relaxed environment. I’d definitely recommend this workshop to others. The stand out for me? ‘The Book’ – a great reference to keep and the ‘hands on’ which helped to bring the learning to life. ” Marg H
PAYMENT: Payment by Direct Deposit into the following bank account is preferred, however arrangements can be made for cash or cheque payment by contacting me on 0414438121. If you are making a direct deposit, please make sure you put your name on the deposit slip, and email me the details, so I know who has paid. Thanks.
My email: email@example.com
WORKSHOP 2 – Sunday March 5th 2017
An advanced one day workshop in colour mixing. (A prerequisite for this course is that you must have done the Part One first.) This course will offer more advanced theory and practice in the art of mixing colour.
- There will be a quick overview of the most important principles from the Part One Workshop
- Looking at Analogous colour schemes in detail
- Working with the same image in three different ways. This gives the best understanding of how colour use can make such a big difference in an art work.
- Colour and perspective